International specialist/evaluator for mid-term evaluation of BMZ financed project
BORDA (Bremen Overseas Research and Development Association), founded in 1977, is a civil society expert organisation focused on the provision of essential public services. In 2012, BORDA began operations in Afghanistan and expanded its activities to Northern Iraq in 2014. The West and Central Asia (WesCA) regional office was established in Jordan in 2016. More recently, in October 2018 BORDA Northern Iraq became BORDA Iraq with a successful registration in Baghdad.
BORDA develops tailor-made sustainable sanitation solutions and strengthen the capacities of key stakeholders through participatory and innovative approaches to improve living conditions for all and protect the environment. BORDA collaborates actively with local communities, governments, UN agencies, NGOs and the private sector to develop a more efficient and coherent water management system. BORDA supports holistic approaches to policy formulation, participative urban planning processes, and infrastructure development and contributes to the realisation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly SDG (clean water and sanitation), and to the New Urban Agenda.
The objective of the assignment is to provide a comprehensive assessment of the project “Strengthening Local Structures for Sustainable Sanitation Service Provision in West and Central Asia”, through an analysis of relevance, coherence, effectiveness, efficiency and orientation to impact and sustainability of the project. The evaluation will analyze the whole scope of the project and its results framework, which comprises all elements of the intervention logic.
Please note that this is a short version of the Terms of Reference (ToR) for this assignment. The full version of the TOR can be found here.
Deliverables and Timeframe
The assignment is planned to start at the beginning of December 2021 and is to be completed by end of January 2022.
The submission of the final report shall be until 31st of January 2022. A maximum of 30 working days is foreseen for the evaluation process. Deliverables (in English) include an inception report, the presentation of preliminary findings and a final mid-term evaluation report.
Qualifications of International Expert:
- At least 7 years overall professional experience and Bachelor degree in relevant field as in International Development, Development Economics/Planning, Sanitation, Wastewater Management and any other related university degree;
- At least 3 years of experience in working with international development and evaluating according to the OECD/DAC criteria;
- Experience in at least 3 evaluations in position as a lead for mid-term and/or final evaluation;
- Profound technical expertise in the field of rural development, sanitation and wastewater management, private sector and business development;
- Extensive expertise, knowledge, and experience in the field of evaluation of development programmes;
- Experience of programme formulation, monitoring and evaluation and qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Evaluation experience in project countries would be an asset
- Working experience with BORDA would be an asset