Job Opening at BORDA: Global Administration & Finance Advisor and Trainer
28 November 2018
BORDA is looking for an experienced Global Administration & Finance Advisor and Trainer to supervise and improve daily administrative and financial procedures of our Regional Offices in Latin America, Africa, Middle East, South Asia, and Southeast Asia. You will guide teams of local professionals in completing a range of administrative and financial duties. You will also advise executive management in aligning country specific requirements and procedures with BORDA’s global standards. Furthermore, you will support the introduction of a new accounting system internationally.
The position will have a direct reporting line to our Headquarters in Bremen , Germany and requires high willingness for international travel (approx. 50%). Your duty station can be in any of our partner countries in Africa, Western and Central Asia, or South Asia (refer to the map on our website).
- Help to improve: Support regional finance teams and regional directors in adhering to administrative and financial rules of procedures; Conduct internal audits on behalf of Headquarters and support preparation of external audits; Support roll-out of new accounting system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) in all Regional Offices
- Observe, and think ahead: Revise and coordinate administrative and financial procedures and systems and develop ways to streamline processes
- Structured evaluation: Assess staff performance and provide coaching, guidance and training to ensure maximum effectivity and efficiency
- Networked communication: Keep abreast of all organizational changes and business developments and ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the global BORDA network to facilitate business operations
- Experience and knowledge: More than five years proven experience as administration manager, including financial administration and reporting; Experience in training and advising teams to help them grow professionally; Experience in working in the international development sector / humanitarian aid
- Working practice: Ability to work independently, results-oriented and well organized in a fast-paced dynamic environment; A team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Qualifications: Master’s degree in business administration, finance or related field; In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies; Familiarity with financial management and reporting principles; Proficiency in professional accounting and ERP systems, preferably MS Dynamics NAV
- Languages: Excellent language skills in German, English, French and/or Spanish
- Other requirements: Knowledge of funding regulations of major international donors (e.g. BMZ, ADB, BMGF, HDIF)
Innovative with high creative freedom, international and familiar, with strong values and roots: working at BORDA is something very special
How to Apply
Send your CV (in English) and a motivation letter (one page) which summarises how your experience and profile align with the essential requirements for this position. References from previous assignments are an asset. Please send your documents in .docx or .pdf format.
Applications must be addressed to Judith Ringlstetter (gro.a1555694203drob@1555694203sboj1555694203) with the email subject stating “Global Administration & Finance Advisor and Trainer”/[+your surname in the subject line].
Who we are
The Bremen Overseas Research & Development Association (BORDA e.V.) is an expert NGO specialising in sanitation. For over 40 years, our award-winning solutions have empowered people and set new standards in 20+ countries.
What we do
BORDA provides game-changing sanitation solutions worldwide:
- Knowledge transfer (scientific collaborations, local trainings, international forums)
- Sanitation solutions & management (FSM value chain, DEWATS upscaling, city sanitation planning, watershed management, water-scarce environments, emergency sanitation)
- Partnerships (city sanitation alliance, public-private partnerships, sanitation entrepreneurship, BORDA Ltd.)
How we do it
- Close to people – “from mason to minister”
We are close to the world, its people and realities. We link both ends, globally & locally.
- Tested in reality
We only offer what we have successfully tested before. We “walk the talk” and we get the job done on the ground. We set international standards and benchmarks.
- Adapting & innovating
We are a dynamic, evolving organization. We transcend disciplines, genders, generations & nationalities.
- A trusted advisor
We have no vested interests and focus on what matters.
Our impact: increased liveability, lasting structural change, empowered players
BORDA empowers people to make their communities more liveable.